TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All services, unless otherwise indicated, will be delivered by Medical Express (London) Limited, regulated to provide registered activities with the Care Quality Commission.
- The basic principles upon which our services are provided to you are outlined below.
- All Service Users are requested to give consent to receiving care and treatment from Medical Express Clinic based upon these principles and understandings.
All are staff are:
- Fully trained and experienced for their role.
- On the relevant professional registers.
- Are required to undergo stringent checks before being permitted to work for our Company.
- Keep up- to-date with their professional practice.
- Are committed to delivering the best possible service for you.
- Required to adhere to strict professional standards and ethics.
Confidentiality of Information
- Your rights to confidentiality will be safeguarded. We will not disclose any personal information about you to a third party unless this has been agreed with you. Agreement to disclose information should only be sought if it is for your benefit, e.g. for the purpose of assisting in your support.
- Our policy is that any information about you is strictly confidential and that maintaining a position of trust in this regard is paramount. However, because some information is relevant to providing quality support, such information will be shared with members of staff who may be supporting you. Visiting professionals and visitors requiring information will be referred in the first instance to the Registered Manager or the person in charge within the Company. You or, where appropriate, your principal Carer will be consulted where appropriate before information is released.
- Information about you will be stored in paper form and may also be held on computer. Both forms are treated in the same strictly confidential way.
- CCTV is used in order to protect your security and well-being. CCTV will not be used in private areas (such as WCs and changing rooms) or in treatment rooms without explicit Service User consent having been obtained.
- Information about you is needed in order to enable staff to provide proper support and treatment. Some of the information may also be used for other purposes, such as:
- Making sure our services meet your needs.
- Helping staff to review the support they provide to you to help them achieve the highest standards.
- Investigating complaints or legal claims.
- Auditing of our services.
- Sometimes information about you needs to be passed on to other agencies or organisations, for example if you are receiving care or support from a GP or hospital. The types of organisations with whom we may share information about you are:
- Insurance Companies
- Other health professionals.
- Care Quality Commission.
- Further details about how we use your information are available in our Privacy Notice.
- You have the right to practise your beliefs, religion or culture without constraint by restrictive or discriminatory practice.
- Complaints of discriminatory practice will be thoroughly investigated, and the results of the investigation made known to the complainant.
- Occasionally staff in training (such as medical students) may wish to be present during your consultations.
- If you are not happy with this, please let us know.
- If you wish for a chaperone, please make this known to the receptionist and/or your clinician.
- Please note that our clinicians may themselves arrange for a chaperone to be present during g their consultations with you if this is required on the clinical or safety grounds.
Making a Complaint and Giving Compliments
- We believe that complaints and compliments are a valuable indicator of the quality of our service, and an opportunity to improve that quality. We assure all Service Users that no-one will be victimised for making a complaint, and we encourage Service Users to instigate the complaints procedure whenever they feel that this is necessary. We do not wish to confine complaints to major issues. We encourage Service Users to comment when relatively minor matters are a problem to them. It is our policy that all matters which disturb or upset a Service User should be reported, recorded, and corrective action should be taken. Only in that way can we work towards meeting our aim of continuously improving our service.
- Our commitment is that:
- All complaints will be taken seriously; You will receive a response within 24 hours of the complaint being made, and a final reply within 28 days;
- If the complaint is upheld, you will receive a written apology and appropriate action will be taken to rectify the complaint, and you will be informed of what that action is;
- All complaints will be acted upon with fairness and impartiality;
- Service Users are entitled to involve an impartial third party in the complaint procedure if they so wish.
- Service Users and their representatives may take their complaints to persons in authority outside the Company if they are not satisfied with the response that they receive from us.
- We aim to respect your privacy and dignity at all times. Please speak out, or speak to the supervisor or Registered Manager if your privacy or dignity is not being respected.
- Records will be designed, used and stored to assure privacy. Legislative controls over records, such as the Data Protection Act, will be adhered to, and the Service User’s explicit permission in writing will be sought before information is passed to any person other than those directly concerned with the care of the Service User.
Respect For Other Service Users And Staff
- You are requested to afford the same courtesy to other Service Users and staff as you would expect to receive yourself.
- Note that any loud or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Service Users are not permitted to smoke on or near the premises.
- Service Users who are under the influence of alcohol or substances may be asked to leave the premises.
- Children must be supervised at all times, your service will be suspended if any children are left unattended.
- Details of your treatment fees will be notified at the point of service, or by email in advance if you have requested your services through our website.
- If you have any queries or concerns, please let us know before your treatment begins.
You will be required to settle your account in full at the end of your service, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Commercial Director.
Coronavirus PCR result 48 Hr Guarantee
Please note, patients seeking reimbursement of their clinic fee must evidence that any delay was consequential and that they were unable to board original flights. If you managed to board, despite any delay or non-delivery of results, no refund is due. If your flight has been cancelled or moved so that your results can no longer facilitate travel, no refund is due to any delay or non-delivery of results. If any patients or their party have tested positive for coronavirus, no refund is due under any circumstances.
Medical Express Clinic reserves the right to alter our 48-hour guarantee without notice in exceptional circumstances, which include an outbreak of coronavirus, a distinct and impactful increase in positivity rates or in the event of a public emergency or force majeure.
The extent of this guarantee solely covers the fee paid to the clinic for professional testing services. Medical Express Clinic under no circumstances accepts any liability for any costs incurred due to delayed or non-delivery of results.