Private Syphilis Testing in London
We are specialise in providing some of the fastest, most convenient and discrete private syphilis tests in London. Simply book an appointment online to get tested for syphilis at our clinic. If you would like to speak to somebody, we also offer an additional examination and consultation service, where the doctor will determine what is appropriate for your particular case.
What is Syphilis
Syphilis is an infection which can be spread through sexual contact with a person currently infected with syphilis. It is treatable with antibiotics if diagnosed and treatment is commenced early into the infection.
How do you get infected with Syphilis
A bacterium called Treponema pallidum is responsible for causing syphilis. The infection is primarily transmitted through sexual activities although it can also pass on to a child in the foetus from an affected pregnant would-be mother.
Syphilis-causing bacteria get passed through the mucous membrane and the infection is transmissible through vaginal, anal and oral sex as well as kissing near a lesion.
In contrast to the popular belief, syphilis does not spread through sharing toilet seats, hot tubs, clothing, utensils, foods or any other daily activity. The syphilis bacteria have an extremely short lifespan outside a host body.
You can reduce your chances of contracting Syphilis by the following:
- Practice safe sex during every encounter
- Avoid sharing sex toys
- Avoid sharing injection needles
Remember that using a condom during vaginal, oral or anal sexual intercourse cuts down the chances of getting infected with the syphilis bacteria to a great extent.
Syphilis in new-born babies can only be prevented when mothers are screened for STI during the early phases of pregnancy.
Take Charge of Your Health
Getting tested is not only quick and easy, it’s the only way to know for sure
if you do or do not have an STD.
or 020 37457523
Risk factors for syphilis:
- Unprotected sex.
- Having sex with multiple partners
- Men who have sexual intercourse with other Men - (MSM)
- People infected with HIV
Symptoms of Syphilis
- Small, painless sores or ulcers that typically appear on the penis, vagina, or around the anus, but can occur in other places such as the mouth
- A rash that often involves the trunk of the body or extremities such as the hands and feet
- White patches in the mouth
- Tiredness, headaches, joint pains, a high temperature (fever), and swollen glands in your neck, groin or armpits
If it's left untreated for years, syphilis can spread to the brain or other parts of the body and cause serious, long-term problems.
Test to diagnose Syphilis
STD Check London offers same day Syphilis testing. We also offer full sexual health screening that helps in accurately diagnosing Syphilis. Our full-range sexual health screen can also provide same day results. We have qualified and experienced GPs on hand to guide and advise you about the most appropriate tests and treatments.
If you are searching for a Syphilis testing clinic near to you, visit our walk in clinic for a same day appointment at one of London’s biggest private sexual health screening services.
Why Choose us for Syphilis Test
- STD Check Clinic offers same-day, walk in appointments for syphilis testing.
- To ensure greater client convenience, we also accept online bookings for syphilis testing.
- We use the gold standard PCR testing to provide accurate test results.
- We stay open from 9 am to 9 pm on weekdays and from 10 am to 2 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- We maintain strict privacy and confidentiality, and never share any information without your consent.
- You can use any name you’d like - making our testing both accurate, convenient and completely confidential.