Trichomoniasis Test in London
Trichomoniasis is a common sexually transmitted disease caused by infection with a protozoan parasite known as Trichomonas vaginalis. Though the symptoms of the disease vary, people with the parasite cannot tell if they have been infected. If you are suffering from this disease, it is obvious that you will feel uncomfortable during intercourse. It is advised to get it treated from our doctors since the infection may last for some months without proper treatment.
Signs and symptoms of trichomoniasis:
Men with trichomoniasis might notice:
Signs of STDs include:
- Itching or irritation in the penis.
- Burning after ejaculation or urination.
- Discharge from the penis.
Women with trichomoniasis will find:
- Burning, itching, soreness or redness of the genitals;
- Discomfort at the time of urination;
- Change in vaginal discharge that can be white, greenish, clear or yellowish with fishy smell.
- Pain at the time of sexual intercourse.
Take Charge of Your Health
Getting tested is not only quick and easy, it’s the only way to know for sure
if you do or do not have an STD.
or 020 37457523
Causes of Trichomoniasis:
Trich is usually caused by the protozoan organism known as Trichomonas vaginalis. It can be transmitted from one person to the other through genital contact at the time of sexual intercourse.
In case of women, the organism causes an infection in the urethra, vagina or both. However, for men, the infection happens in the urethra only. When the infection starts, it may spread easily through unprotected genital contact.
However, this disease will not spread through physical contact such as kissing, hugging, sharing dishes, or sitting on the toilet seat. Also, it cannot spread through sexual contact without involving the genitals.
How to treat Trichomoniasis:
Trichomoniasis can be treated by taking proper medication such as tinidazole or metronidazole. Pregnant women can take this medication as they are safe, however, you should not take alcohol within the next 24 hours after taking this medication.
People who have been treated earlier for this disease may get it again. If you want to avoid getting infected again, talk to all your sex partners to get treated. Also, you should wait for at least 7- 10 days after you and your partner plan to have sex again.
Risk factors for Trichomoniasis:
- More than one sex partner.
- History of other sexually transmitted infections.
- Previous trichomoniasis infections.
- Sexual intercourse without using a condom.
How you can prevent Trichomoniasis:
You can stay away from sexually transmitted diseases by not having anal, oral or vaginal sex. If you are sexually active, try to do these things to lower lessen the chances of getting trichomoniasis:
- You should stay in a long term relationship with your partner once they have been tested and got negative STD test results.
- Try using latex condoms in the proper way every time you indulge in sex with your partner. This may lessen the chances of getting trichomoniasis.